In Logi's words....."we had a 'ahh-venture' today!"
That we did!
The weather has been incredible....mid 80's with no humidity.....yet!
So the Norton's have been taking full advantage!
(Also because the temperature is supposed to drop 40 degrees in the next 2 days!)
And that is gonna hurt!
So today I took the munchkins on an 'ahh-venture'!
We started off at their favorite park....
the 'Rock' park!
Named so because of the pebbles that cover the ground!
They're thrilled...can't you tell!
Really, they just don't understand why we're at the park and I'm not letting them get on the swings!
Mean momma!
Cute downtown Bastrop!
Established 1832.
Small view of downtown.
This was our destination....the Library!The Rock Park is on one end of Main St. and the Library at the other.
It was a nice little walk...not too far...not too close!
Perfect!
Now you would think they come for the books!Oh no!
It's all about the puzzles...they love playing with the puzzles!
Logan teaching Bubs the 'ropes'!
Bubba found something better!In the last day or so his walking has improved ridiculously!
Look at those lil Hobbit toes grasping to keep his balance!
It's a talent I tell ya!
Logan working intensely!She's done each of these a million times and never tires...just gets speedier and speedier!
It's very soothing for her!
She just goes off by herself and does her puzzles!
Or tries to find the 'fattest' books on the shelves...that's her other favorite thing to do!
This time Logan decided she was going to push!
Little Logi-momma!
Lock Drug Store!
This store is amazing!
It's a flash back straight into the 50's!
We stop here and get ice cream cones from the old-fashion ice cream parlor inside!
Something like this reminds me of the 'ahh-ventures' my Dad would take us on when we were kids!!
Watching their ice cream get scooped!They were in heaven!
All the workers in the store thought they were pretty cute!
I'm sure it helped that Bubba was really turning on the charm for these old woman too!

Finally......the park!!
You can see how much he's enjoying them by his toes!
haha!
His toes give him away every time!
You could put a pencil between each one right now!
Luv it!
Logan's trying to find her 'happy place'!
That face says it all....todays 'ahh-venture' was a success!
All the ingredients were there:
Walk, puzzles at the library, ice cream, Rock Park.....
and a
nap!!










4 comments:
You truly inspire me Paula. I really need to get out of the house more!
Paula, I am so glad you found us! We have been wondering you guys are. Your little man is so cute! He totally looks like his sisters, especially logan. Now I have your blog site and you have mine so we can keep up! Yay!
Christine
You are such a great Mom Paula!
Girlfriend! Soo happy you found me! Your family is adorable! Fun to read these posts! How cute are these kids...seriously!! You sound soo busy...I can sooo relate! We need to be neighbors to play! I'd love to get some games in with you guys!!! Miss your face!
Post a Comment