Now, my kids have built a 'fort' or two in their day....
or I should say....
had a fort or two built for them!
I know Aunt Joy constructed many a fort during sleepovers at Grandpa's and I've had many a fort constructed in my own living room.
But, I have to say....this one takes the cake!
I'm pretty proud. Yes, this is true!
It took me back to the good 'ole days of 'fort' build'n with my own brothers and sisters!
Some fun-fun times in the 'cubbly dayo'!
What started out as a simple distraction for my own kids....so I could get a few things done one morning,
(i.e. finishing a Relief Society lesson and planning my one Young Women activity for the month
(think Integrity meets Pictionary and 15 juiced up female teenagers)....
and a copious amount of Facebook time!
Haha.... (Sad, but true!)
I got a little carried away!
Once I started it was so fun!
Once I saw their excitement it became even more fun!
And so on and so forth and so on......
Pictures on how we spent a super fun morning and proof that mommy got nothing done that day...... until nap time!
I used this box as the door!
The kids thought it was super fun to crawl thru it and it helped hold the 'roof' up!
Wahoo!
Here comes Logi!!
Just oozing 'baby joy'!
#2 Pooh on the couch!
Here comes Logi!!Just oozing 'baby joy'!
Not exactly sure what's going on...but excited non-the-less!

Having 'girl-talk'!
For the first little bit they were so excited about the 'door' they just did laps!
Around and around and around.....
Cute little Ry-ry!
She was the first 'official' occupant!
She grabbed her Dora blankie and made herself comfortable!
She was in heaven!!
Again, oozing Logi baby-joy! Look at that face!
She, however, moved everyone in!
She brought her blankie, Bubba's blankie, Ryan's pillow (sans case) and any and everything not nailed down in her room!
I have to say....
no disrespect to my brothers and sisters...
but this tent put any I've ever built before to shame!
It was a beaut!!
Spacious yet cozy! Intimate but grand!
(side note: I just realized why none of my pillows have cases, this was bothering me looking at the pictures....it was laundry day!)
No! We don't sleep on 'naked' pillows!

Having 'girl-talk'!
He just liked going thru the door!
Who wouldn't?
That was my favorite part too!
************
************
This is later on in the day.....but the darned cutest Logi-thing!
Logan was the first one up from her nap and it was a rare day that Ryan took one!
While they had been sleeping I was organizing the kids drawers and found a large pile of baby burp cloths!
Being the natural 'mommy' that Logi is.....she decided they made the perfect blankies for all her babies!
I looked up and found that she had lovingly laid all of her beebies (well, almost all) out and each one had a burp cloth for a blankie!
(Thanks Aiden and Grandma!)
This is my favorite 'outfit' on Logan!
Look at those thighs....love me some Logi legs!!
#2 Pooh on the couch!And then she even thought to cover Ryan....who, for whatever reason, decided to sleep on the floor next to the bed!???
Seeing this just melted my heart!
Logan is such a thoughtful little girl!
Always trying to be a 'mommy' and help.....
Bubba, Ry-ry, mommy, daddy, all her beebies....
I wish I would've seen Logan trying to put this on Ryan!












2 comments:
LOVE IT!!! Seriously so funny. Have you taught your kids about cubbly-dayo yet? How long did this masterpiece take you? I wish I could have seen a picture of you in it, I am interested to know the fort to biggun ratio, I can't picture you in there decorating, it looked pretty small. That must have been a sight to see, but of course with you at the helm of this construction it had to be decorated. :)
Paula your kids are just so CUTE! What a fun idea to build such a great fort! After I read your post I tried to make a fort with Brookie but all she wanted to do was tear the blankets down...I guess I will have to wait for her to get a little bit older before she can appreciate a good fort! I loved how Logan put blankets on all of her babies including Ryan SO CUTE:)
Post a Comment