Sunday, March 22, 2009

BIFF!!!

So Bubs had a birthday!
His very first one!
It seems like we celebrated for a week....and we almost did!
There was Chuck E Cheese, a picnic with friends at the park, and then a little party
with our family!
All of us gathered around (on the floor, for some reason) and belted out "Happy Birthday"
like only the Nortons know how!
Wishes were made and fire extinguished!

(Yes, there's a piece missing....I was testing it!)

Plus, being that it was his #3 cake...

I didn't think we were going to do the 'singing thing'...again!

Shoulda known better!


He's trying to get himself in a better position to grab that dang candle.....
and Daddy went and blew it out!
******************
Don't be fooled...this picture has nothing to do with any birthday cake!
I gave Bubba a haircut!
The chocolate was his bribe!
You'll understand "why?" the haircut pictures in a minute....

He doesn't look happy here....

I had no intention of giving him a 'buzz'...but the #4 attachment is deceiving!

I chose it thinking it would be too long and I'd actually end up using the #3!

Woops!

"Yea, 'woops' is right Mom!"


Still not hav'n it!
He's getting a bath to get all the hair clippings off his body...and chocolate off his face!
Digg'n the 'buzz cut', though!
Look at that face!
One only a mother could love, huh?!!


Feel'n better now!
A much refreshed Bubba!


************

Gett'n back on track here.....
Bubba's Birfday Pics!!
You can see now just how much was taken off the top!
Dang #4!
What a handsome little man!




Gett'n him to smile was a 'piece of cake' once they gave him this ball!
Look at the curl too!
*sigh*



Practising.......
Love the Birkenstocks!
(Thanks Janice)




"Can I take this home?"





Here we have the handsome man on Friday!
The haircut took place Saturday.
And.......






This happened Sunday!!!
Chris was walking with him down the sidewalk after church and he just
BIFFED!!
Hard!
Bubba fell forward and Chris swore he heard a 'crunch'!
Yea, that would be his head breaking his fall on the pavement!
Then, as if that wasn't bad enough....he sort'v 'skidded'.
Hence the 'skid marks'!
ow! ow! OW!!!
When I met Chris after church and saw the 'aftermath' my first thought was...
"Why does he have ketchup all over his face?"
"What have you been feeding him?"
"Wait! Is that lipstick?"
"OH MY GOSH!!!!!!"
It was naturally Bubba's nap time and Chris was terrified to let him fall asleep.
So, I took Bubs back inside the church,
found a nurse
(who also happens to be our Gospel Doctrine teacher)
and asked her to check him out!
She said the swelling was 'outward'....
(which is good!)
Means it's not swelling 'inward'.
His eyes were evenly dialated.
(Good!)
He wasn't vomiting.
(Always good!)
And seemed alert and happy!
(Sure.)
He just munched his face into the sidewalk and left half of it out there!
ow! ow! OW!!!

Poor guy!
Battle wounds are coming early for this one!
He's got the two most protective little 'nurses' at home.....
Nurse Ryan and Nurse Logan!
They're pretty concerned!

The lil man once we got home!
New 'buzz' cut,
fresh battle wounds,
big boy shoes!

(What did we call those....."Jerusalem Cruisers"??)


2 comments:

jamie said...

That is SO SAD! But at the same time, the way you wrote your post with the pictures, I was ROFLOL when his Biffed picture came up!!!
You are the best at this blog stuff. Im am less than basic...lol.

So when are we doing lunch? Im even willing to fly your way, the weather looks much better there. I wore a tank top and flip flops Saturday, and by Sunday it was snowing!!! UGGGHHHH UTAH!!!

Anyway, I need you to teach me this blog stuff. K?

xoxoxo

Harward Family said...

I think that his hair looks GREAT! He would still look cute bald:) I LOVE how he got to celebrate his birthday a few times! I was so sad to see his biff but at least he is okay!