To make it
more fun
I've compiled some interesting facts about our new home.
See if you can guess.
It'll be fun!
A bit 'o trivia
The nickname for this state is
"The Pine Tree State"
The state animal is the
moose.
State Berry(?):
Wild Blue Berry
State Fish:
Landlocked Salmon

State Flower:
White Pine Cone

The state has only
33,000 sq. miles
of land,
but
3,500
miles of coastline,
6,000
lakes
and
17 million acres
of forest
Oh yes, and a
whopping
71 lighthouses!

The four dominant industries are
~Lumbering
~Ship Building
~Fishing
~Ice Harvesting
Some famous inhabitants would include:
Harriet Beecher Stowe
(she wrote 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' here)
Stephen King
and
"McDreamy"
Patrick Dempsey.
In our new home we will be
3, 078 miles
from Redlands, CA
but only
132 miles
from
Boston.
The
Passamaquoddies and Penobscots
consist of the two
Native American tribes
that inhabit the area.
The former living on two reservations
and the latter
inhabiting their own small island.
500 years before Columbus
the area was explored by
Viking Sailors.
The first settlement started in
1607
and this state became the
23rd state.
Chris got the call on Tuesday and they wanted us up there in
2 weeks.
Tuesday being part way into the first week.
Realizing a move of this magnitude was going to require a teensy bit more time,
we're sending Chris up the first weekend in February.
The kids and I will then have roughly a month to
find a new home,
pack,
and start the trek ourselves.
We're going to wait until
Spring Break
the second week of March
so Grandma can come and help.
What a trooper she is!
It's a big move
but our little family is
so excited.
Chris and I have always wanted to live on the
east coast
and explore that part of the country.
Now we'll get our chance.
The job is a
five year contract
and an offer Chris just couldn't refuse.
We feel very blessed and extremely fortunate,
not to mention
super excited
for this next chapter in our lives.
The Nortons are moving to
Brunswick, Maine!!!
(weeeeeee-HA!!)

State Flower:
White Pine Cone

The state has only
33,000 sq. miles
of land,
but
3,500
miles of coastline,
6,000
lakes
and
17 million acres
of forest
Oh yes, and a
whopping
71 lighthouses!

The four dominant industries are
~Lumbering
~Ship Building
~Fishing
~Ice Harvesting
Some famous inhabitants would include:
Harriet Beecher Stowe
(she wrote 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' here)
Stephen King
and
"McDreamy"
Patrick Dempsey.
In our new home we will be
3, 078 miles
from Redlands, CA
but only
132 miles
from
Boston.
The
Passamaquoddies and Penobscots
consist of the two
Native American tribes
that inhabit the area.
The former living on two reservations
and the latter
inhabiting their own small island.
500 years before Columbus
the area was explored by
Viking Sailors.
The first settlement started in
1607
and this state became the
23rd state.
Chris got the call on Tuesday and they wanted us up there in
2 weeks.
Tuesday being part way into the first week.
Realizing a move of this magnitude was going to require a teensy bit more time,
we're sending Chris up the first weekend in February.
The kids and I will then have roughly a month to
find a new home,
pack,
and start the trek ourselves.
We're going to wait until
Spring Break
the second week of March
so Grandma can come and help.
What a trooper she is!
It's a big move
but our little family is
so excited.
Chris and I have always wanted to live on the
east coast
and explore that part of the country.
Now we'll get our chance.
The job is a
five year contract
and an offer Chris just couldn't refuse.
We feel very blessed and extremely fortunate,
not to mention
super excited
for this next chapter in our lives.
The Nortons are moving to
Brunswick, Maine!!!
(weeeeeee-HA!!)



8 comments:
What a MOVE! I have always wanted to live on the east coast! That is so freakin' cool!
Really fun to use all those facts to tell everyone where you are moving! Most of which I didn't know (lame state flower though!)
Good luck packing!!
That is so exciting. I hear Maine is beautiful!!!
Holy cow! What a cool place to move to. I too would love to experience the east coast! Boston, Philly, New York, the fall leaves! Tons of opportunities for weekend trips! Ok I'm jealous and want to come visit! Save some lobster for us!
Well I know Maria will be jealous for sure! That is crazy! What is Chris going to be doing in Maine? Good luck with everything!
That is so awesome!!!!!! I think I'm jealous myself. What a nice place to live. I'm very excited for you, good luck moving the munchkins to the other side of the country!
While you're basking in the beautiful Maine country and enjoying the clean, crisp, fresh air of open God's country I will try not to be jealous! There's nothing like a mega load of smog and a few million people to make a person feel right at home. Are you sure you don't want to move to Redlands???? I'm just sayin'.
Land of the Woodchucks! Maine is absolutely beautiful! Tobi and I went there on a trip with Grandma and Grandpa Sanders in about 2001 or 2002. Had a wonderful time. Stunning vistas in the fall. I can't wait to hear about your first "lobster roll."
Uncle Scott
Congratulations! That sounds like a total BLAST! What a fun adventure you have coming up! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment