Saturday, January 1, 2011

The North Pole Flyer

The week before Christmas we got tickets
to take the kids on the
Austin Steam Train.
It's a train, circa 1950, that has been restored to it's full 50's glory.
They do different themes and in December it's
The North Pole Flyer.
A 3 hour train ride
thru the Texas countryside.
Santa
was on board and made a special visit to all the cars.
Mrs. Clause
came thru and passed out cookies and read stories.
There were even carolers that came by for sing-a-longs.
Very festive.
Super fun.


The kids found Santa before boarding the train.
(I love the 'squint' look)


They wanted to make for certain he knew their

Christmas Wishes.

I love this picture.



Santa's visit to our car.



That face says it all.
This lil guy was in
heaven!!
As Ryan and Logan would say,
"He's a train-guy!"


This one's
not converted.....
yet.



I have to admit,
it was hard not to feel giddy when your riding a train
with Santa!



Oh, how I wish I could read his little mind!




Bubba made a girlfriend in our little car.
After 3 hours together you get pretty chummy!




This is his girlfriends Grandpa and Grandma,
and somehow
Bubba decided to 'adopt' them!
We thought it was so funny that he just wanted to sit in his lap.
'Grandpa' didn't mind, either!


Story time.



Mrs. Clause







What a trip.


This is sure to be a new
Norton Family Tradition.

No comments: