And so it begins......
I always wondered who would be the first,
when it would happen and how??
With five Nuggets I assumed we would soon become
'regulars'
at the ER.
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised we lasted this long and it wasn't that bad!
Logi was the first!!
She was taking a bath with Fox.
Sai was asleep.
Ryan and Bubba were outside playing
Daddy was on his way home from work.
I stepped into the hall to grab some towels and heard the
splash and scream!!
She fell and hit her chin on the edge of the tub
right where an metal track runs from what used to be a shower door!
There was bright red blood everywhere!
All down her chin, neck, chest, legs......the water was making it worse!
I tried to keep my calm.
"Let's check it out, see how bad it is, maybe it's nothing! "
One small peek and I realized it was most definantly something!
That's when I started to panic!
No daddy, 5 Nuggets, blood everywhere!!!
I called a neighbor for a second opinion.
"Yep, stitches it is!"
Awesome neighbor-friend watched the kids
until Daddy got home and I drove my lil Logi to the hospital.
Happy with her pain meds!
\
We smooshed on the cot together and started taking pictures!
Her faces were cracking me up!
She asked me to take a picture of her chin
so she could see what it looked like!
The stitches didn't go so well!
The doctor looked more nervous than I felt.
Believe it or not he only put one stitch in.
More were needed.....but the numbing agent wasn't working
and the doctor opted not to continue.
He finished with 'butterfly' bandaids!
Sad Logi-bear!
Not even a popsicle and teddy bear was bringing back my happy Logi!
I don't blame her.
It was the end of a long night.....she was ready for bed.
We named her new bear
"Stitches"!
Here's to hoping we go another 8 years before we see the ER again!
Somehow I doubt that will happen.
We have three boys coming up in the ranks.
I'm afraid....very, very afraid!










No comments:
Post a Comment