Memorial Day Weekend
they say.
That's when you put a garden in in Maine!
The plot!
Fox is 'supervising' Dad while he levels it out.
Getting ready to build the
garden box.
No matter how hot it is
he can't and won't give up his
boots!
Boy loves his boots!
He'll eat a popsicle and stand in the tiniest sliver of shade,
but won't take off those boots!
"This is hard work!"
Bubba and Sai had a better idea!
Shady nuggets!
And Bubba is always eatting!
Constantly!
Weed liner.
Fox had to take his shirt off
just like Daddy!
Makes for more efficient work he says!
Fill'n er up!
Everyone wants to help!
Boys and dirt!
????
Keeping in mind that this was my
first garden,
I had no idea what went where!
How tall certain plants would get,
spacing for others,
which ones needed to climb???
All new to me!
Early August.
Not bad!
My pumpkins and watermelons got chomped on!
Super sad about that!
The tomatoes took off, cucumbers flourished, peppers sprouted randomly,
onions were planted wrong.
We still enjoyed the
fruits of our labors!
The potted plant is a Washington naval we named
"George".
A little piece of California in New England!
This was taken on
September 1st!
My sunflowers never really did much except grow up!
At least now I know what I like,
what I want more of, and what
I'll do differently next year!
Caught this lil guy feasting on a tomato
one afternoon.
Ah hmmmmmm!
It was a good experience.
The kids loved watching the plants grow.
Harvesting what we ate was fun!
There is lots of room for improvement next year!
I will have
punkins!
Big, giant punkins!
We'll keep the tomatoes, plant the onions right,
maybe not so many peppers, protect the watermelon better.
More cucumbers for pickles and lots more herbs!
Until next year!














No comments:
Post a Comment