Sunday, September 16, 2012

Momma's Tri

It had been a minute since my last triathlon 
and I decided
(rather stupidly I now realize)
to get my 'feet wet' 
(pun intended)
doing the Olympic length 
Lobsterman Triathlon.

Olympic distance translates to a

1 mile swim
(in open water)
(in September)
(in Maine)

24 mile bike

6.2 mile run



A look at the
  Start Line.
It was a cold morning and these, um, super dedicated souls were 
warming up!
(yea right)



 More of
  'my kind'
watching the super dedicated sorts
"warm up".



Body marking
and 
bike check-in.

The transition area.


Lots of 
'transitioning' going on.



My spot.


All ready..........I think.


Line for the
  bathroom.
Yes, 
it goes allllll the way back!


I just saved it for my 
wetsuit,
I was going to need it!
So would these morons!



The 
Finish Line.
I would see that close to 4 hours after I started.


 This triathlon was quite the experience for me.
Some of it good and some of it not so good.

I knew going in I had severely 
under-trained,
but thought I would be ok.
It's not like I'm completely sedentary and decided 
just last week to do an 
Olympic tri.
But 6 months of Crossfitting isn't exactly the solution either.
It's all this momma can muster.
With 5 kids, training for a triathlon isn't exactly easy.
I see that now and it will most likely be awhile before my next one.
But there will be a next one!
I'm hooked 
and have been for awhile.

The scenery was beautiful.
I noticed that on every inch of my 24 mile bike ride.
Gorgeous!
I maybe could have taken notice during my 6 mile run,
but, let's face it, I just wanted to be done.


No comments: