Monday, October 29, 2012

Barbells for Boobs

My gym,
Crossfit 321,
was having a fundraiser for breast cancer.
Barbells for Boobs

Some of the girls and I thought it would be fun to make
 pink tu-tu's
to wear during the event.

'Grace'
30 clean and jerks
for time.

Constructing our tu-tu's after our 
nightly work-out.


My back was 
on fire
 from sitting on the ground for so long
I decided to 'roll it out' and didn't realize 
 picture had been taken of me in such a 
compromising position.


The 321
  tu-tu posse!


Chris was working so I came with all 
five Nuggets!
They had a blast!


Mindy.


A shot of the 'action'.
The music was loud, the cheering was intense, it was pretty cool.
All for a good cause too!


Aja.

(Meanwhile I'm trying to untangle Logan from a pull-up band)


Aja and Cayley.


Cayley killed it!


"Earmuffs"
It was pretty loud at times.

Side note: 
I tweeked my neck during warm-ups and was never able to compete.
I had 95 pounds over my head and looked sideways at my coach.
Right then I knew I was in trouble.
My neck was 'kinked' in the worst possible way the rest of the weekend.
Lesson learned.



Aja gett'n it done.


Coolest shot ever of Mindy.
(Her husband is deployed and that's her mom sitting in front of her 
with her husband on Skype from Afghanistan.)
So cool!


Sai loved the kettlebells!
Balls with handles,
what could be better?



Group shot.



Elena~ me~ Mindy~ Cayley~ Christina~ Aja



No comments: