Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Turn on The 'Pot'

Three weeks before a trip to Utah for 
Thanksgiving
I decided to give it another 'go' and get Foxy 
potty trained.


I was soooooo over diapering
 two babies !

I knew he was ready.
 I just needed to
  'stick it out' 
and 
get'r done!

This time around was much easier 
as I tweeked my 
previous method.
Once the diaper came off.....it stayed off.
I checked him religiously every 5 minutes,
then 10 minutes,
then 20 minutes.
Special things were only for when he 
"went in the potty".
His bottle and blanket.
That was the kicker right there. 
This boy would do anything for that bottle and blanket!
And what do you know??
I am now happily diapering only 
one
baby!
First time in 4 1/2 years!

~
I know I've posted pictures in at least two of my previous posts 
showing Fox sitting on the 
'pot' 
bored out of his mind with nothing going on. 
Enough of that.

These pictures show the strangely odd and rather 
gross fascination
his brothers had with the 
'pot'.
Though totally grossed out, I couldn't 
not 
get these pictures.

A little something I walked in on.
Sai always wanted to sit on it when Fox wasn't utilizing it.
I have no idea why Bubba thought putting the seat on his head 
was a good idea, but he's 
pretty durn happy 
about it! 
(Note the dinosaur swim trunks, winter jacket, and Spiderman boots.)
I don't know either.


I can't look at these without
cringing!



Just so happy to have a chair his size.


He's so happy to be getting a
 'turn'.
Usually he would sit
in it....not on it.
We're talking inside the bowl!
Both feet in the actual 'bowl'......squatting down.
Needless to say I
sanitized heavily 
after each use. 
Heavily.



I have to admit I was skeptical 
thinking I could get Fox potty trained before our trip.
Out of all my 'trained' chit-lins I think he picked it up the fastest.
That doesn't sound right, 
specially with multiple attempts in my past.
But once he got it.....he got it.

We didn't feel like we were in 'training-mode' for longer than a week!
For the most part he'll stop what he's doing to go to the bathroom,
He's now a
  fully-functioning potty trained 
Nugget
and 
I love it!!

No comments: