Saturday, February 14, 2009

What I LOVE.....


What a funny holiday. Even funnier is how much Valentines Day changes as you morph thru the stages of life.
First..... your required to purchase your box of Valentines cards and make sure you have the exact number of cards per kids in your class. You have your 27 cards with all your classmates names printed on the envelopes which has become more an excercise in handwriting than your actually wanting to wish each and every one of your peers "Happy Valentines Day"!

Eventually special attention is given to one card in particular. You've started to take a special interest in a certain boy and have decided that this year he gets the 'BIG' valentine. "Do I dare? Will he notice? What will he think? Oh my gosh...I'm going to pee my pants! Maybe I should have my friend tell his friend that the big one is from me...

Jr. High...... Valentines is now pure torture. The poor guy that used Valentines to profess his 'love' would go from friend to leper in a record breaking .2 seconds flat...and that was just how it worked! I was retarded.

Highschool .....candy grams are given and gotten. Too much time, energy and money went into stupid stuffed animals that were used to profess ones affections and love. Seriously, a stuffed animal? How many do you need? How many do you want? How many did I give? Stuffed animals and boxers! Oh my.......

Courting and marriage...... Valentines day starts to become fun! Dressing up, roses, dinner, the end of stuffed animals and the beginnings of a life...together. Now you have the munchkins and suddenly 'love' has an entirely different meaning. Who you love, what you love, and all the millions of reason why you love those things. Valentines Day to me is not just about the people I love, but the reasons I love those people.

Here is a list of 14 things I love......

1.
Laughing!
Hard, good, gut wrenching, side splitting laughter.
2.
I love the way Bubba smells.....
when I hold him close, when he snuggles into my lap. I love kissing that spot just below his temples and in front of his ears....specially when he's concentrating super hard on something and I can sneak up behind him to do it!
His smile afterwards.
3.
Listening to Ryan's stories.
Watching how excited she gets when Daddy walks in the room.
Watching how excited all the kids get when Daddy walks in the room.
4.
Spooning with Logan.
Every morning she climbs into bed and wiggles right into my arms and then lays there and 'pretends' to be sleeping! Cuddliest lil tater-bug.
5.
Evening walks.
6.
Dinner with Chris at a great restaurant.
7.
Landing....at the start of a great vacation.
Checking into your hotel, dumping your bags in the room, and hitting the beach for the first time...
no matter what time it is!
8.
Smell of fresh cut grass. Sprinklers on a summer evening.
Orange blossoms at night.
9.
Holding my babies when they first wake up from a nap...
they seem extra squishy and super soft.
10.
Cozy, football-watch'n, yummy food eat'n Sunday afternoons.
11.
Holidays with loved ones. Anything with loved ones.
12.
Falling asleep while Chris plays with my hair.
13.
Surprises!
14.
Everyone who's reading this!
To all my friends out there.....consider yourself loved!!
Happy Valentines Day!!

1 comment:

Harward Family said...

Paula you are such a great writer I love to read all of your great posts! Happy Valentine's Day!