Saturday, February 21, 2009

Milestones

Bubba is coming up on his 1st Birthday...... (pssst, March 18th)
And, because of that, I think he's been feel'n a little pressure from his peers!
He's the last in a slew of boys at church between the ages of 12 and 18 months.....
There is literally a 'gang' of toe-heads and Bubba here is the 'runt'!
Owen, Fredrick, and George are all bi-pedal...
and Phoenix decided he needed to rectify that situation....and fast!


One afternoon he found this bin and realized that when he pushed it....
it moved!
And when it moved...he could follow it...and so forth and so on.

This was his first 'push'.
He's looking down and wondering how his feet got so far back....
and then how he was going to fix that!

"Hmmmm, pigs are a lil farther away than I would like....What to do???"

"Take a step!

Genius!"



Look at him go!!
Once he got the hang of it he was all over the driveway!!
Literally!
He even got pretty good at steering...if he bumped into the car or side of the house....he knew how to position himself and start going in another direction.
He just wanted to go and go and go.......
Lil' Energizer Bunny.


"Gett'n....a....little....tired....now"
"Must.....keeeeeep.....goingggggg.....
"Not....gonna....stop!"
"Won't....stop!"


His sisters 'crashed' the party!
I'm not sure if they were expecting that bin was actually gonna move with them in it???
But they sure made themselves comfortable.

Bubba is completely unfazed!!

He's still work'n over the 'mechanics' of the situation in his head.

(Small side note: Still curious how I managed three blondies!)


Now that he's experienced the freedom of standing erect and walking.....
anything and everything he can push around the floor....he will!

These pictures were taken on Tuesday this week.....

To date he's gotten as far as taking ONE step on a few different occasions. He usually just gets so excited and starts flapp'n his arms that he makes himself fall!

Milestone #2
The last couple of days Ryan has been begging us like crazy to let her
"ride her bike"!
Only problem here....she can't actually 'ride' her bike.
The training wheels barely came off a month ago.....and I don't think she's been on it at all since then!

So today the family headed to the park to do just that....

Teach Ryan to ride her bike!!


It was so cute watching Chris run her down the sidewalk.
I'm not sure what he was saying...but you could hear words of encouragement and then he'd 'let her go'!



I gave her the abbreviated bike lesson:
Remember to pedal, steer, and balance!
She just looked at me and said,
"What's 'balance'?"

She was usually able to do two of the three....but rarely managed all at the same time!!
If she was pedaling and remembering to balance...she forgot to steer!
Or she would have the pedaling and steering down..... but going down the sidewalk with her ear stuck to Chris' hip pocket!


Logan 'truck'n' along behind!


Ryan's entourage.....
We dutifully followed behind and screamed and yelped words of encouragement for the couple of seconds she managed to actually ride her bike!

I've never seen anyone so determined....or so proud!!

Next time I'll make sure I have the video camera!

2nd side note:
(I'm sure your noticing in these last pictures we're all bundled up ....while the above pictures are of my kids in nothing but their skivvies.
That there would be nothing but that fabulous Texas weather phenomenon I mentioned earlier.
At the first of the week we were in the low 80's.
Today was something in the mid to upper 60's...and windy!)
Skivvies to wind-breaker in 2 days!
Only in Texas!

2 comments:

The Fife's said...

All I can say is I wish we had that nice weather so we could be outside. We still have 2 ft. of snow in the yard! Your kids are so cute. We are just two months behind you with little Tabitha, she is just crawling, not sure I want her to walk yet.

Harward Family said...

That is so GREAT that he took his first steps! That is so exciting!! Brooklyn can stand by herself all day long but she has yet to take any steps. Congrats to Ryan for learning to ride her bike that is wonderful!