Ok, I’m back! What’s it been? Almost a week since my last post? Ok, doing better! Right now I feel like one of those mom’s that takes her own children’s ADD medication and it gets them all hyper and spastic…..and the next thing they know their scrubbing the kitchen floor with a toothbrush! Something like that. Didn’t they do an episode about that on Desperate Housewives a couple years back??? I would so very much believe that was the case IF my kids had ADD…..OR took medication for that matter!
Today was my Sunday to teach in RS. I love my calling and enjoy preparing and giving the lessons. Today it was on ‘The Second Coming’. So I had been working on my lesson off and on thru out the week and had it all finished and ready to go and then got the super bright idea yesterday that I wanted to make a TIMELINE!!! Yea, can you see where I’m going with this?
I decided to ‘illustrate’ the calamities and disasters, earthquakes, famines, riots, and massacres that this world has known since Joseph Smith received his revelation on the Second Coming back in 1832. Yea, for those of you that rode the ‘short bus’ and haven’t done the math yet…that’s 176 years of said calamities, disasters, riots…..you get the picture!
So I start by researching on the computer anything that would give me a starting point. It took me ALL DAY! But I was so enthralled…and determined that this was going to be the best timeline EVER and therefore one of the best lessons EVER! Ha ha! (All day on the computer had given me a slight case of dementia.) So I get my list and then start constructing the timeline. I used the back side of the biggest role of wrapping paper I could find. I got down on the floor with my iPod and marker and got started….37 hours later…..Ok, maybe it was only 2 1/2 I realized what I had gotten myself into! I had to move to the dining room table at this point as my body was now stuck in the ‘crouch’ position and I was afraid I would never fully straighten up again……and my legs were in desperate need of a blood supply! Oh, I was in pain. But I persisted. : )
Long story short…….I climbed in bed after 1:00 last night having completely underestimated this project. Where I thought I might have a 4 (maybe 5 foot) timeline to display…. the thing was close to 30 feet long! No joke! (maybe I was on the ‘short bus’???) It ended up spanning one whole wall of the RS room and then wrapping 1/3 of the way up the adjoining wall! Yea, there were the ‘ohhh’s and ahhh’s’ as I unveiled it….but I don’t know that it was all necessarily in admiration. Maybe just, “oh no she didn’t”….or “is she out of her mind?” But I was proud of my lesson, and despite the effort, glad I did it! Chris was on the verge of “defensive-husband/pitbull mode”….worried that no one would appreciate what I had done. I just reminded him I would have done it regardless if I had 1 pupil or 30! I like to teach! But when RS finished a couple different woman came up to ask what I was going to do with the timeline and wanting to get a closer look. I jokingly told one of them that she could take it home and 3 woman at once wanted to! (Chris calmed down when I told him that!) ha ha And it made me feel good! They said they want to use it for FHE! Yay!
But the lesson is done, timeline a hit, home from church, kids taking naps, and I haven’t ‘hit the wall’ yet! Waiting……. But while I take advantage of this ‘power surge’ I decided I should BLOG! So here I am! Enjoy!
Today was my Sunday to teach in RS. I love my calling and enjoy preparing and giving the lessons. Today it was on ‘The Second Coming’. So I had been working on my lesson off and on thru out the week and had it all finished and ready to go and then got the super bright idea yesterday that I wanted to make a TIMELINE!!! Yea, can you see where I’m going with this?
I decided to ‘illustrate’ the calamities and disasters, earthquakes, famines, riots, and massacres that this world has known since Joseph Smith received his revelation on the Second Coming back in 1832. Yea, for those of you that rode the ‘short bus’ and haven’t done the math yet…that’s 176 years of said calamities, disasters, riots…..you get the picture!
So I start by researching on the computer anything that would give me a starting point. It took me ALL DAY! But I was so enthralled…and determined that this was going to be the best timeline EVER and therefore one of the best lessons EVER! Ha ha! (All day on the computer had given me a slight case of dementia.) So I get my list and then start constructing the timeline. I used the back side of the biggest role of wrapping paper I could find. I got down on the floor with my iPod and marker and got started….37 hours later…..Ok, maybe it was only 2 1/2 I realized what I had gotten myself into! I had to move to the dining room table at this point as my body was now stuck in the ‘crouch’ position and I was afraid I would never fully straighten up again……and my legs were in desperate need of a blood supply! Oh, I was in pain. But I persisted. : )
Long story short…….I climbed in bed after 1:00 last night having completely underestimated this project. Where I thought I might have a 4 (maybe 5 foot) timeline to display…. the thing was close to 30 feet long! No joke! (maybe I was on the ‘short bus’???) It ended up spanning one whole wall of the RS room and then wrapping 1/3 of the way up the adjoining wall! Yea, there were the ‘ohhh’s and ahhh’s’ as I unveiled it….but I don’t know that it was all necessarily in admiration. Maybe just, “oh no she didn’t”….or “is she out of her mind?” But I was proud of my lesson, and despite the effort, glad I did it! Chris was on the verge of “defensive-husband/pitbull mode”….worried that no one would appreciate what I had done. I just reminded him I would have done it regardless if I had 1 pupil or 30! I like to teach! But when RS finished a couple different woman came up to ask what I was going to do with the timeline and wanting to get a closer look. I jokingly told one of them that she could take it home and 3 woman at once wanted to! (Chris calmed down when I told him that!) ha ha And it made me feel good! They said they want to use it for FHE! Yay!
But the lesson is done, timeline a hit, home from church, kids taking naps, and I haven’t ‘hit the wall’ yet! Waiting……. But while I take advantage of this ‘power surge’ I decided I should BLOG! So here I am! Enjoy!

2 comments:
Holy Hannah woman!! You are my hero! (And fun to find your blog!!) Did you take a picture of this masterpiece?? I sure hope so! Your family is DARLING!! Now I am glad I can stalk your blog now and then!! XOXOX Shel
Did you get a photo?
Post a Comment