Sunday, November 16, 2008

And the WINNER is..........

PAULA!!!!
Yay!!
Ok, so an explanation may be needed for this one! I'll start with some history, and a little background....
These are our two best friends, Sam and Nikka! Sam and Chris have been BFF's for many, many years starting clear back when they went to high school together. When Sam and Nikka first ventured to Austin 5 years ago, Chris and I helped them move here!
When WE moved to Austin 5 months ago Sam and Nikka were gracious enough to host our 'mini-circus' and give us a place to stay. A favor of monumental proportions when you think that they don't even have kids yet and went from peace and quiet solitude to.......well, the exact opposite of that!
While we were staying with them I was in full-on "lose-baby-weight-mode" and VERY frustrated that it was taking me as long as it was! I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with the fact that this was #3.....or that I had NO TIME due to the fact that it was #3.....or...ok, I'm out of excuses!
(It just seemed to come off so much quicker the last time. But then again, I was HARDCORE into Crossfit AND had a personal-trainer for a husband. hmmmmmm)
In my lamenting Sam was empathising, as he felt he might have a few LB's of his own he could shed .....AND find his youthful soccer-playing figure again. : )
We decided to make it a little more interesting for each other and turned it into a contest of sorts!
Our own 'Biggest Loser'!
We each had roughly 30 lbs. to lose and we put a deadline on it with a prize for the winner....
Dinner at Oasis, on Lake Travis!
Here is a picture of the two contestants!
Woot-woo!!
I'm in my 'skinny-jeans' again....and I imagine only a 'mommy' can know that joy! The absolute bliss of fitting into your favorite PRE-baby jeans. We had A LOT of fun at dinner!!
It was great to be out with good friends and eat yummy food! Thanks Sam and Nikka for a great date!
Next one's on us!
This is a pic of Chris and I. (obviously)
It felt like we took a million and 42 pictures during the course of the night.....and I think maybe 4 of them came out! No one could keep it together long enough NOT to ruin the picture for the rest of us! We all had our theories as to how you should smile and NOT look like a total tard....something that is actually quite hard. So we were making each other laugh while testing out each others theories!
The above picture perfectly illustrates our dilema! Great pic of Chris....I look like a tard.
You can't win 'em all!

1 comment:

Becky said...

So who won the contest?! You didn't say. Man, I don't look forward to having to lose baby weight!