Saturday, September 3, 2011

"We are Sparta!!"

If you've seen the movie,
you get it!
Even if you haven't,
it's still pretty darn funny!

Despite the "R" rating
this is a movie that Chris and I watched 
and I admit, 
really enjoyed!

That would be where my idea sprouted.
I couldn't convince Chris that 
a leather speedo and ankle length cape 
would make a great costume.....


But I did have some 
'baby Spartans'

I just needed to wait for Fox to start 
walking!
You really miss the whole essence of the costume 
if your crawling around.



Fast forward 
and we have all four lil Norts on their way to 
costume party!!



Cheapest costumes ever, 
by the way!

Bubba and Fox 
split a $5 sheet I bought at Wally World.
The girls 
split an old white sheet I had at the house, and
Bubba and Fox 
both got their 'weapons' from the Dollar Store!!

An hour on the sewing machine.....
and wa-la!

When I was dressing Ryan she looked in the mirror and said,
"I look like Jesus Mom!"
I was dying!

Every time I would fit one of the lil Norts to their costume I would 
be near hysterics!
I learned quickly to disguise my laughing 
with coughs or the like,
because it made them nervous to have me laughing at them.
They didn't understand the humor.
If they got nervous.....they refused the costumes! 
It was hard. 
So very hard!



Once again we couldn't get Fox to participate in 
the photo-shoot!
We also couldn't get him to wear his cape!
But here he is in his 
loin cloth!!

The girls were so confused....
"Mom, he's wearing a skirt!"

"Shhhhhhh! No he's not!"
If Bubba thought it was a skirt....no loin cloth for him!



Finally, distracted
so we were able to get the cape on!




Seriously, 
what mom dresses her kids as Spartans??
At a church function????
Oh yea, I did!

Small disclaimer here....
we did bring T-shirts for the boys
and then left them on the couch at home.
So, yes, they were half naked the entire time!


The pinata!




Bubba gorg'n on his
goody bag
while waiting for his turn at the 
pinata!



My lil
Spartan princess!



Fox trying to give
pointers.



No mercy from Bubs!

Now this kid 
loved 
his cape!
He would wear it to
the playground,
the grocery store,
when our family took a turn cleaning the chapel.

Loved his cape!


Brothers.


I couldn't get any pictures of Ryan.
She isn't into the whole pinata-thing.
And I understand that.
Something about being up there,
the center of attention,
and trying to whack something while everyone watches!

But I finally did it.
I got my 
Spartans!


No comments: