Monday, September 19, 2011

Daddy's Birthday

Happy Birthday 
Papa Norton!


This year Chris' job brought us to Maine
as he entered a 
linesman apprenticeship 
with his company.


Technical aspect aside.
It just means lots and lots of 
this.........

Climbing really high poles.
An odd profession for one who used to be 
afraid of heights!

But he loves it!
Says he wishes all the time he would've found it sooner! 

I think the 'lack of O2' 
from being that high up has gotten to him!


Shots taken with Chris' cell phone.
He was 
one of two 
chosen to climb
the barge!



He told me the hats get marked with an X
for the helicopter pilot.

?????????

Apparently the "X" marking 
is a status symbol of sorts.
He wears it proudly!



 Just a small taste of a day in the life of a 
linesman

***********
On to the festivities!

The day we celebrated his birthday was also the day 
Hurricane Irene
hit midcoast Maine.

It was really something.
The worst we experienced was a 
4 hour power loss.
And we were asleep for more than half of that.
We were lucky!

Homemade cards 
from the kids.

(Not sure what Bubba and Fox are conversing so intently about)



Presents!!


Daddy's new grill.

Seconds after the 
'unveiling' 
we had to hurry and put it in the garage.


Yes,
I did put all 34 candles on the cake.

I don't know if you can see thru the 
smoke haze 
they created.....
but I even had enough to write out 
"3 4"!

I was proud.



Daddy and his 
lil Norts.

Truly his biggest fans!!!


1 comment:

Melanie said...

Just seeing those pictures makes my heart race a little. Yikes, I would be nervous all day doing that. Good for Chris though, I'm glad he likes his job. Looks like a succesful birthday!