Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fox's ONE YEAR Pics

Oh gracious!
Was this a
chore!

I took all four kids to our local portrait studio.
I brought the other three
because I really wanted a nice
'portrait style'
picture of them in their Easter duds!

My
sweet-Mama's-boy,
Fox
turned into
'Demon Baby'
and thus began our ordeal!

He had been thoroughly napped, fed, and watered,
so there was no excuse on his part.
Except that he knew he was
"expected"
to do something
(ie. sit and smile)
and that was enough for his
rebellion!

During his
'weeping and wailing and much gnashing of teeth'
the photographer did snap these shots!
Totally unexpected.

Beautiful Ry-ry!
Such a sweetie and looking
much too grown up
for her young 7 years!

Cutie-pie Logi!
Always ready for a camera!


A great shot of the
"sisters"

In my haste I scanned the proof.
Ooops!
But you get the gist!


Big-boy Bubba!
Love this lil Man!
Such a good boy and a great big brother
to 'Foxy'!
(his pet name for Fox)
We'll see how long Fox lets him get away with that one.

Now you may be wondering about the
random boulder
in these pictures.
One of our many attempts to bribe Fox into the pictures!
But he just wanted to climb.
A rare "no tears" shot.
And with-what looks like- could actually
pass for a
smile!

Now the
'money shot'
the one we all came for.
This was the absolute best we could muster.

I was about to call the whole thing.
The (good) kids were breaking down,
Fox was getting worse,
I was threatening adoption,
and the photographer somehow managed to capture
this.

Fox has a grape in his mouth.
Logan is looking....I don't know where?
Ryan is holding strong.
and Phoenix went momentarily crossed-eyed!

Done and Done!

This one will forever have a story to tell!



And when it was all said and done,
look at this gem the photographer captured!

Pure genius on her part.
She deserves a medal!

No sign of tears or snotty nose.
The gold fish crackers are nowhere to be seen.
He actually has a smile on his face!
And there I see the Mama's-boy I know and love!!


Fox Daniel Norton
1 year old.


Phew!

1 comment:

Janice said...

I love the way you tell your stories. They are so animated. I can actually picture it all happening. Have I ever told you that you are one of the most brave mothers I have ever known. Your ambition is inspiring!!