After having two little girls that just love their Daddy to bits, it's been a fun change to have this little guy and realize he's turning into a 'Mama's boy'....ha ha, in the manliest sense of the word! lolHe's my snuggler and cuddler. When I sit on the floor with him, he'll go off and explore, but always come back to 'check in'. Crawl onto my lap or pull himself up to my shoulders! That's when I get my 'loves'!
This was Phoenix's first taste of baby food and I think we could ascertain that it was a HIT....to say the least! He couldn't get enough! I feed it to him with a 'dropper'...it's quicker and usually less messy! The first taste is always a tiny one, so he can move it around on his tongue and make sure he likes it and then he lunges for it! Gobbles it all up as fast as I can get it to him! Wasn't like this with his sisters.....a nice change!
In this picture, he's not only showing you how much he luvs the stuff, but wants you all to see his new 'big boy' teeth! He's so proud! Four teefers!! (and two chins) lol

Now, this is something I don't know that I'm ready for!
The crawling I could handle....it was early, but it was nice that he could 'get around'. But this last week he's been obsessed with wanting to pull himself up on anything and EVERYTHING within reach!
Watching him with this bin made me realize he's going to be walking before I know it! He's only 7 months for gosh sakes!
First I was completely surprised that he got up this high....he's standing, not kneeling as usual. But then, as he would lean on the bin.... it would slide....and he'd walk to stay with it! Look how proud he is!
I've heard stories from friends that this is the precursor to walking....and I just couldn't believe it! I don't know if I'm ready! He's turning into such a 'big boy'! But look at that face.....

2 comments:
Oh my gosh! Nixon is falling behind! Brock's sister has a baby 2 weeks older than him who is crawling and climbing and has two teeth, and now Phoenix too! Nixon is 8 months now, and couldn't care less if he ever moves. He just sits there. If we put him on his stomach he doesn't even try to reach for things! He is so funny! And, no teeth yet either! I guess he is just happy being a baby. And, I have to admit, I am just fine with all of this. He is making my life easier.
Wow, what cute cheeks.
Post a Comment