If there's one thing I've learned in all my
potty-training attempts
is that it is absolutely, 100% a waste of time if the
child is not ready!
It happens at different ages for different kids.
But the bottom line....
if the kids not ready it's not going to happen.
In fact,
you'll drive yourself crazy is you try to make it happen.
So I wait!
I wait till I think they're good and ready!
If you wait for that
prime moment,
potty-training is
cake!
Fox is two.
We thought Fox was ready.
We gave it a go.....

Cartoons.
Full bottle.
Blankies.
He just needs that
"ah-HA" moment
when he pees in the toilet,
we celebrate and praise,
and he's on his way
with his
big boy unnies!
Sibling support!
(They get so excited for these types of things!)
Yes, that is a bowl of
warm water!
We were a good couple hours in
and he was starting on his
3rd bottle,
We thought a lil stimulation would help.
How big can a
2 year old's
bladder be???
Bubba.
Supportive and patient!
Losing some steam......
(Bubba, not Fox)
"Where did everyone go?"
Back with
reinforcements!
We have books now and I've started giving him
apple juice.
I figured the milk was taking too long to work it's way thru his system.
Every five seconds we were asking him if he
'tinkled'?
Nope!
Logan takes over on story time.
Fox is being his usual
Foxy self.
Bubba hold'n strong!
More reading......
Entertaining the crowd.....
Back to his bottle!
Gracious!!
"Are you sure you haven't peed?"
We finally had him stand up
and low and behold,
he had peed!!!
We still praised voraciously and threw the party......
but he really had no idea what all the fuss was about.
More confusing than anything!!
So we put on his
Spiderman Unnies,
sent him on his way,
and he made it into the next room before
pooping!
He's not ready........
















No comments:
Post a Comment