....make for happy
lil
He-munchkins.
We live in what used to be Navy housing here in Maine.
The base closed last May
and a private company bought and is currently renting all the homes.
Only recently did they acquire the land the homes are built on,
and now that they have it,
they have been doing a lot of renovation work.
Currently under way....
updating the water main and individually metering all the homes!
Yes, folks, that's right.
We don't pay utilities here.
It's awesome!
No water or electric.
And in Maine.....that's a
BIG DEAL!
With 5 Nuggets it's a
BIGGER DEAL!
First they tore up the sidewalks.
Then dug a giant trench down the middle of the street.
Usually 3 or 4 houses in length.
The most frustrating part was
watching them re-dig the trench every morning
because every night they had to fill it in.
I swear digging and filling of the trench each day
took about 4 hours of their 8 hour day.
Counter productive.....
but I understand the safety precautions.
This was a HUGE trench!
The best part was the day they got to our house!
They broke the water main right in our front yard.
We had no water for about 4 hours and when it came back
it was a beautiful rusty-orange color.
My neighbors and I had to run our water continuously
(from several faucets and tubs)
for about 6 hours until our water was clear again!
Super fun!
I had to watch Fox like a hawk.
He kept sneaking out to observe.
Finally I just told the boys they could watch
but had to stay on the steps!!
That grin says it all......
pure heaven!
It was still too much for Fox!
Box seats to all the action!










No comments:
Post a Comment