Thursday, March 24, 2011

Moving, moving, moving.......

This post is one of those that,
all along,
you think your documenting it great.
That is, until you take inventory of the pics you've taken
and realized what a slacker you were.

But under the circumstances,
I still give myself a nice big
gold star.
Toot-toot!
(that's me tooting my own horn)




I was single-parenting four lil Norts,
coordinating a move,
packing a family of 6,
and
preparing myself to trek 2,200 miles away!
Oh yea,
and making sure we had a home to go to
once we arrived in our new town.




Our adventure:


As the weeks wore on the boxes slowly filled the house.
It didn't help that I emptied our small storage unit
and brought it all home.

The kids thought it was great fun.

Momma,

not so much!


These are only a few of the pics.
Every room was packed!

Moving Day!
An army of angels came.

Maria, Raymond and Ethan.


Our 26-footer!
Filled to capacity!



George, Dixon, and new Elder I didn't know.
He was a great supervisor!




George and Virgil.


The loading was done.
Grandma's plane was delayed.
So we spent the night with the
Goldsteins and Herzogs.


Sunday morning bright and early we were on the road.
We logged 17 hours that day!
One. Seven.


That first day was chaotic at best.
Accidents,
freeway closures
detours,
too many stops,
crazy munchkins!
Once they finally
fell asleep
I just wanted to
drive.
So we did.
Until about midnight.

First stop,
one hour west of Nashville.


"Get me out of this car!!
I'm constipated and gassy!!!"


Something I didn't know,
but quickly found out on this trip,
babies need to
move around
to get their, um, stuff to 'move around'.
If they spend 3/4 of a day sitting,
no bueno!!



Logan,
ever the
stylish princess.
She was ready at every gas station!

Ryan just shakes her head!

Sometime on this trip I heard Logan referring to herself as
Pink-a-licous Princess Logi!!


Day #2

9 hours.
Roanoke, Virginia


There was no need to kill ourselves, right?
We turned in early and ordered a
pizza.
Then Grandma and I watched the finally of
'The Bachelor'.
Not a show I usually watch, but was sucked in this time
because he happened to be from
Austin.


Bubba taking a turn in the truck with Grandma!
That grin was there the entire time.
Lil guy was in heaven!!
He felt so cool.


A day on the road.
Look at those faces.



Bath time
was a nightly ritual.
And who can resist a tub full of
lil Norts??




They may hate me when they get older,
but I can't resist a
'bath-shot'!




Day #3

8 hours logged.
Scranton, Pennsylvania.




Yes, we stayed in Scranton.
Had I any more energy I would've gone searching for the
famous "Office" sign.



We found a hotel with a pool.
All their swimming suits were packed away,
so we made due!
There was snow outside.





In the hot tub!



Lil Nort stew!!

I can't get over how happy Fox looked!
He was out of his car seat,
all he cared about!




4th and final day

8 hours
Brunswick, Maine.




Chris met us at the house
and another
army of angels
arrived to help us unload the truck.
Heaven sent for sure.



In one short
week
our kids went from doing this.........


to this!!!


They didn't seem to mind.
We have this amazing playground right behind our house
and they wanted to spend all day everyday out there.


Snow Rookies!
They've only ever known California and Texas.


Ryan has pajama bottoms on
and Logan still insisted on wearing a
dress!
(just with pants underneath)



Her outfits were getting more and more
creavtive!
Not sure what she thought the
Home Depot
apron was going to do for her????
Or the dress up gloves?




So happy to be home!

They thought it was great fun to
stuff blankets in their shirts and
bump into each other!
Our only
casualty
of the trip.

Fox got a nice 'shiner' on the last day
playing at a McDonalds playplace.
We were literally 3 hours from arriving!
Here it is a few days old!
He thought it gave him
'street cred' !


The Nortons are a family again and it feels
great!

I'm so grateful my Mom made that trek with us.
What a trooper.


More pics will follow.
I know a lot of friends and family want to see pictures of the house.
I'll get on it.

Plus Bubba had a birthday!
Two days after we arrived!
Wahoo!
To be cont........


3 comments:

Jeremy and Amy said...

Very impressed. What a move. We've done that so many times... and it is not fun!

Dane and Annie said...

I cannot imagine moving to the other side of the country with an army of kids! When we have to move to a different HOUSE (not state) I hate it every single time. I'm glad you are home now and back with your hubby :) I hope you guys like it there in Maine. Eat some lobster for me :)

Janice said...

You are such a great blogger. I love reading your stories. They will make for a great journal. I'm glad you arrived safely. I hope the new home is fabulous and that Maine treats the Norton family well.