Monday, March 7, 2011

New Chapter for the Nortons

This is the start of a new chapter for the Norton family.
Our move from
central Texas to southern Maine.
Daddy had to make the trip 4 weeks before the rest of us.
It was a sad day for the lil Norts.
Mommy too.
To help them 'visualize' four weeks
we made a paper chain.
Counting the days till we would leave!
It looks long.
Of course, if Chris was in the military
this chain could very well be weeks and months
and not merely
days.
For that we were grateful.


Our map.
They wanted to know exactly where Daddy was
and where he was going.
Again, it helped with the
visualizing!
I didn't quite understand, at first,
how their little brains were processing all this information.
We were moving.
~
Daddy was gone.
~
Our new home was in Maine.
~
It was really far away.
~
Etc.
On really sad days
I would ask Logan what was wrong
and she would ask me some of the funniest questions.
But to her they were 100% real concerns.
"How are we going to find Daddy?"
~
"What if we can't find him?"
~
Where is Daddy sleeping?"
(she honestly thought he was just roaming randomly)
"Daddy has a map and we have a map,
if we get lost we can call him too."
~
"He's waiting for us in our new home."
~
"Yes, he has a bed."
It was honestly hard to keep a straight face for some of her questions.
But she was just so genuinely concerned for him.
Ryan understands.
Bubba is oblivious.
Fox, eh, just fat and happy as ever.
He'll figure it out when he sees his Daddy again.

Chris left the day before
Valentines Day.
Since we have a tradition of celebrating on the
13th
and had already celebrated,
these were a
huge surprise.

Literally, 3 days after Daddy left
the entire family got sick.
First mommy.
That was brutal, but I had amazing friends.
Then each of the lil Norts took a turn.
Logan got hit hardest.
Making herself comfortable in mommy's bed.
(Note the plethora of babies.)

When she got up
this is what I found!
She had every single last one
of her babies in bed with her.


As I post this
we are down to our last couple days
before we start our
adventure north.
At times I never thought the day would come.
Being a single mom to 4 little ones is
no cake walk.
I'm glad I only have to do it for 4 short weeks.
Add that to packing an entire house,
finding a new home and coordinating the move.
I had a ton on my plate.
I definitely had my moments.
I was feeling overwhelmed and
Chris was super lonely.
So glad it's almost over.
I can't wait to be a family again.



1 comment:

Jes said...

Good luck on your move, Paula! And you better let me know if you pass by here!