Fox is the first of my kids to ever use a
Binky!
This is all new to me.
Part of why I originally shied away from them
is hearing the horror stories of
the 'lost Binky',
the 'stolen Binky',
the 'can't-pry-the-durn-thing-away-from-my-kid-Binky'!
I just figured,
"Why deal with it?"
"Just don't give the kid a Binky to start out with!?"
Duh!
Then my little Fox came along.
I learned pretty early on
those first couple days
that this kid needed one.
All he wanted to do was
'suck'.....
and as a breast-feeding mama with 3 other kids,
well,
that was not gonna be part of the program!!
My first
'Binky-baby'
was born.
This is where the story gets
funny!
Because, as luck would have it......
I lost the durn thing
and spent the better half of a perfectly nice day
re-tracing my steps
all over town trying to find it!
Not fun.
I was getting panicky.
"How did this happen?"
"Where was it?"
"What was I going to do?"
I had 2 or 3 other Binky's given to me at a baby shower.
Outright rejection.
He would have none of that nonsense.
OMG! OMG! OMG!
In my desperation and despair I finally
broke down
and petitioned and pleaded with a higher power to
please help me find this Binky!
It's the green-ish blue-ish ones they give you at the hospital.
Why did he need the one Binky I couldn't find in a store?
Why that one?
Many moons ago.....
I was pregnant with Ryan and bought a Binky
as a joke!
I had kept it all these years
and knew it was stashed somewhere in my laundry room.
In fact, I knew exactly where it was stashed in my laundry room
and went to find it!
Of course,
this
Binky
he would take!
that quickly died off.
I found over the next day and a half
that the disturbed looks of strangers and nosey passer-bys
was a little more than I needed.
Thankfully Fox had his
2-month well-check
scheduled
and his pediatrician had oodles of those
greenish-blue rubber wonders.
They even sold them attached to stuffed animals!
I bought one.
now that it's attached to a
monkey!
Once he realized I was taking his picture
he really turns it on!
Binky drama solved!!
Always have 'extras' on hand,
and realize the irony that,
naturally,
only the most hideous binky you have
is the only one he's gonna want!
"Mom!
Get him off me!
You just washed my hair!!!"







2 comments:
OH MY GOSH!! That binky is hilarious! Oh wow... you should let him wear the tooth one for kicks sometimes. ;)
I had the same problem with Tanner. Then as luck would have it I found that they sell that binky (hospital issue) at Target. Also "Soothie" brand (Target/Wal-Mart) sell the same nipple in sippy cups/bottels, etc. Such a life saver. The sippy cup version also helps when getting rid of the binky itself.
Post a Comment