I can't believe I let 2/3's of the summer go by with
not a single blog!
This is the month of June
...in a nutshell....
for the Nortons!
The most notable occurrence,
well,
other than the fact that Chris and I celebrated
9 years of wedded bliss on the 20th,
was the fact that we received our first visitor since moving to Texas.
A visit from Jay-boy!
This is Ryan and Logan doing the
"Happy Dance"!
but I think it made the dance all the merrier!
Couple of hams!but don't be 'put off' by the mess on his face.
It has absolutely NO relation to the 'unnies' on his head.
(and we didn't tell him they were girl 'unnies'!)

Gangsta Logi!
I had soooooo been looking forward to it
and had a slew of activities planned.
We were going to go
kayaking,
swimming,
dinner,
movies,
bbq's
and
hiking.
Anything that involved bodily movement on my part got 'nixed'.
So my grand list was whittled down to
lots of eating,
a movie,
and
more eating.
The day I picked Jay up from the airport....
I got rear-ended at a red light!
I got some out-of-control whiplash and
couldn't turn my head without my entire upper body going with it!
In lew of kayaking was a day at the park!
In lew of kayaking was a day at the park!
Jay swore he didn't mind and the kids were in heaven.
Won't just be Scarlett at the park anymore!
Figur'd if he could do three......
he'll be a champ with two!
related!
Way funner than Dads!

Sad day.....
for Bubs.....not so much!
Phoenix and I
made a quick dash to California.
The goal for this whirlwind trip was to
empty the storage unit,
have the mother of all garage sales...
then get back home!
Mission accomplished!!
(With the help of the family)
We were back home within 72 hours!
This was my 1st trip back since moving.....
and the 1st time Bubba was meeting the fam
since he was a mere 3 months old!
Meeting one of Joy's guinea pigs....
and 'force feeding' it some celery!

Betsy giving Phoenix 'the tour'!
Swing'n on the famous tire swing with Grandpa!
Ryan would be soooo jealous!
It was hard parting with a lot of this stuff......
but it had to be done!
I left my mom to do most of the negotiating!
She was tough as nails!
I just couldn't haggle with some of these people over my things!
One guy wanted my TV for $4!!
Yea, I said $4...not 4 zero!
Good news.....
We sold everything!!
Now we don't have the $150 storage unit fee to be paid every month
Now we don't have the $150 storage unit fee to be paid every month
And don't have to worry about coming up with the
$2,000 plus it would'v cost us to move it all back to TX!
Now we can just buy more!
See, there's a silver lining somewhere in all this!
And I did keep a few prized possessions.
My piano,
a mirror,
and some boxes of
'special' things!
in the shade of Joy's sunflowers!
This garage sale was taking a lot out of him!
Poor guy was still on TX time.....
he kept waking up at 4:30 am!
But he eventually said he.... "actually liked him!"
Points for Bubba!
Logi never got that far!
How can two sisters that look so much alike
each have a son
that are total opposites?
????????????
One thing was for sure....
they both have similar tastes!
Phoenix was super impressed with Aiden's collection of:
swords,
pirate paraphanelia,
and
balls!
Side note:
To anyone reading this from the Sanders family.....
especially Uncle Scott.
My dad had some old photos of the two of you when you were both little boys!
He was right!
You and Phoenix could've been twins!
There was one picture of you at about two years old....
sitting on some piece of farm equipment
and I about died when I saw the resemblence!!
That could've been Phoenix for all I knew!
When I go back this fall,
I'll get the picture, so I can put it on the blog!
Tooo cute!
***********************
Up next:
"July....in a 'nut-shell'!"


















1 comment:
Ok first of all... the next time your in Cali you need to let me know so I can run over a visit with you for a bit (after all Redlands is only a meer 5 minutes away- and I don't work)Second I totally would've have bought some of your stuff (I actually need a new sofa)
Post a Comment