Wednesday, December 10, 2008

If you don't like the weather here......wait 10 minutes!

I have no pictures to go along with this post...and for that I apologize!

But I just had to write about the absolutely CRAZY weather we've been experiencing here! It's "normal"...I've been told, but being that this is our first fall/winter season in Texas, I have NO IDEA what to expect! And neither do my poor kids! haha

In my "Fall" post I was bragging that the weather here was similar to that of Southern California. A short 48 hours later I realized how absolutely false and absurd that statement was! In just the last 24 hours here we went from a beautiful day yesterday with the temperature hoovering in the high 70's. (Seriously, it was 78 at one time I checked!)

By evening time it started getting REALLY windy...but still warm. Interesting.

Then, last night I was at a babyshower and it started 'sleeting' outside. I have no idea what that meant...it looked like hail to me, maybe hard snow? I don't know! Maybe a hail/snow hybrid! But it was 'sleeting'. That eventually turned to SNOW! Seriously? Snow? In Texas? Yea, it was snowing HERE last night. I woke up this morning with remnants of it left on the lawn and now the temperature for today is hoovering in the LOW 50's!!! The temperature dropped almost 30 degrees in 24 hours!!

So we're in the 50's today! Incredible! The poor weather men here....how do they predict such craziness!? All I care about is that the temperature starts to climb. This weekend I'm running a 5k AT NIGHT and would like to be able to do that without my limbs and apendages being frostbitten! Or without having to wear a full on powder suit! We'll see. They say the temps shold be around 66 come Saturday, so lets keep our fingers crossed!

No comments: