This year we had a
new recruit.
One Mr. Fox.
Logi took her
picking
very seriously this year!
Bubba
ate less and picked more.
Huge improvement over last year.
Foxy
just marched in, over, and through any bush in his way!
He had no concept of
picking
or
walking down the tiny straw path!
Bubba and Ryan!
Fox and the flags!!
You are supposed to use these to mark how far down
a particular path you picked
so the next person would know where to start!
Fox felt they were better used as
swords!
Heading home with
eight quarts of perfectly ripe Maine strawberries!
After giving a good portion away,
to neighbors,
friends,
and our babysitter.
I washed and sliced the rest.
I learned to freeze them this year.
That way I don't feel like I have to eat them as fast
and I have them well into fall and winter for
smoothies,
ice cream,
and
desserts!!
I don't do
Strawberry Jam
like so many of my friends and sisters up here.
But I did learn about
Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Eh- heh!
I think I might be giving that a try next year!!
A good friend gave me a jar of hers and it was
DE-lish!!
Just leaving the jar opened on my counter
for 20 minutes made my whole kitchen and house
smell delicious!!
I can't wait for next year!!










No comments:
Post a Comment