Not more than 12 hours after 'attempting' family pictures
Bubba was attacked by a
box fan.
Sunday morning he went into Fox's room
where a box fan sits precariously on a small side table.
I was coming down the stairs
when I heard a loud crash
followed by a painful yelp.
The fan fell,
taking the skin right off the
bridge of Bubba's nose!
Ouch!
Of course
EVERYTHING
feels better with a
band-aid.
(No matter how badly misplaced.)

Mama re-positioned.

This is how he went to church.

Throughout the course of the meetings
I had various members of the ward ask about his nose.
Everyone, including myself, were surprised
that the band-aid had stayed intact for as long as it had.
I thought he would've ripped it off long ago.
But then I learned the truth.
He had been
'trying'......
Apparently this was one of those
super sturdy,
super sticky,
impossible-to-remove
cloth band-aids.
And having something like
THAT
stuck to the
ultra-sensitive skin
under your eyes
makes for a rather
painful removal.
So the band-aid stayed!
Home from church.

With closer inspection you can see
that he had been tugging away at one end.
That band-aid was going
nowhere!

Mama took matters into her own hands.
With a little baby oil,
some elementary distraction techniques,
a few failed tugs,
and
some tears,
the band-aid came off.

His cheeks
now look just as rosy
as the raw nose.
Lesson learned.

(Someone apparently enjoys having his picture taken.)

No comments:
Post a Comment