Thursday, November 12, 2009

OktoberFEST!!

I love Halloween!
It never used to be one of my favorite holidays before......
but
that all changes when you have
munchkins!
I've decided fall is my favorite season
'specially in Texas.....
It's kicked off with all sorts of fantastic festivities!
And just gets better from there!!
Starting out with......
A trip to the
punkin patch!
Logi heft'n a biggee!
She didn't really want it.....
she just liked moving 'em around!

And Bubs liked to sit on them!
??????

Lil Norts


We went on a hay ride
that took us all over the grounds of this
gigantic farm.

There were stops all along the way.....
and we could get off
enjoy ourselves and then resume when we were ready!
Tether ball!






Next stop.

Little train.



This picture cracks me up!
Sometimes I see these three.....
and I can't believe this is what my kids look like!!
Who woulda thought???




I swear you can see Bubba's grin from here!!
He was in heaven!



Face painting!
Ryan wanted an alligator!
??????



On the hay ride.



Feeding the
'yamas'!



What a trooper!!
Bubs bringing up the rear!





Again.....
Bubba with the sitting on the punkins!
Ryan is in her Halloween costume
because.......
the entire week before Halloween,
this is what she would put on
everyday
when she got home from school!


Still sitt'n.



Carv'n the punkins!!
Now this part of Halloween
I have always enjoyed!







Finished product!



The night before we lit the pumpkins
and Logan was less than thrilled!
The next morning she saw them like this
and said
"Oh, pumpkins not scary!"
"Yay, pumpkins not scary!"





Ryan dressed up for school.....
finally she got to wear it out of the house!


Halloween!!!

Pebbles and Bam Bam.


I didn't realize
when I made Bubba's 'club'
it would end up being half the size he is!!
I paper mached a balloon onto an empty paper towel roll!
Hahahaha!
He loved it!



Our kitty cat.
Complete with collar and bell!
The fact that I managed to finagle some
"kitty claws"
put her over the moon!
(Lee press-on nails cut to points
and
glued to her gloves!!)



Bam Bam
with his
'warm weather' gear on!
Legg'ns and faux 'bear fur' poncho!!



Pebbles in the same!
And.......
yes,
I tied a real chicken bone in her hair!

Roasting marshmallows....
lost the stick?



Intrigued with the spider ring.



Logan was slightly obssessed with the
face painting!
By the end of the night
both cheeks and her forhead were covered!
No one could resist her.






On the hayride.
This party was on an 80 acre piece of land.
Longest hayride ever!


Sitt'n around the bonfire.
Scott trying to get Logan to share her
bear skin poncho!



Don't let the face kid you.....
she had a blast!
You can still see the 'remnants' of
her face paintings!


The pinata.
Bubs was in heaven!
Give this boy a stick and tell him he can
swing it at the object
floating above him????
Oh yea,
and....
it's filled with candy????

Fantabulistic Halloween for the
Norton Clan!
Couldn't think of a better way to
'kick off'
the
Holiday Season!!!
Let the festivities begin.......

1 comment:

Scott and Tobi said...

I think this has been my all-time favorite post of yours. The kids' costumes were absolutely darling and so creative. What a wonderful Halloween party. I think I am going to have to adopt you as mine, your kids look like my grandkids. Little Bubba sure looks like his Daddy.

Thanks!! Love Aunt Tobi