Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter with the Lil Norts.....

I can't believe my last post was clear back on the 1st!
Apparently I took a small hiatus.....

For the last week....and some
we've been staying with some great friends....
the Masters...
that was where the Nortons spent Easter this year!
They live out in the 'country'
and I had no cell coverage and very little internet access,
but boy did we have a blast!
On Easter weekend they went to Houston
They were brave enough to leave
2 horses, 1 dog the size of a horse, and 5 'ickens in our care!
All survived the weekend....
but more on that adventure later.....
I need to 'blog' Easter!
We'll do 'Country Nortons' later...
Easter this year was practically a three-day event!
Since when did candy consumption on Easter rival Halloween?!?
It was madness!
Or maybe I'm just not used to
THREE
hopped up, candy crazed kids
bouncing off the wall that are all under the age of 5!!
I seriously wish I would have had the video camera rolling.....
it was comical!
FRIDAY
We had dinner with Judy and George
who surprised us with a 'small' Easter egg hunt in their forested front yard!
They're the best!
Not only did they fix us the most amazing gumbo this side of the Mississippi....
but then had baskets and hidden eggs for the girls!

Gett'n ready!
Bubba has no idea what's going on...but he's pumped!


This is Logan's first Easter egg hunt...
she's not sure what she's expected to do!
Ryan was 'chomping at the bit'!
Never you mind...Logan caught on real quick!

Reeeeeeach!!
Must....get....egg!



Bubs was drawn to the eggs in the beginning because they resembled 'balls'!
Then he learned real quick that inside these odd shaped balls
was candy!
The second he got one in his paws he'd pry it apart!
Smart lil man!



SATURDAY
Ward Primary Easter Egg Hunt/ Baptism
Yea,
You read that right!
So I took the girls to the baptism...they thought it was pretty neat,
and afterwards was the Primary Easter Activity.



Bubs found this bucket out in the hall
and had perched his little buns on the stairs to play with it!




He thought he was soooooo funny!

He'd put it on his head, wait a minute, take it off, and laugh!!
Over and over and over.....







Prep'n for the hunt!
Logi knows whats up this time!
she has her 'game face' on....basket at the ready!








The 'battle ground'!
They lined all the 'little' kids up on one side of the lawn....
biggies on the other!
Then all havoc broke loose!




Ashley...one of my favorite babysitters!
She took the girls to all the 'sweet spots' and was fending off the masses!
Thanks to her my girls were in a sugar coma for the next 48 hours!

Love you Ashley!



They were in pure heaven!
Eggs galore!






Bubba planted himself in front of this beauty
I think he was guarding it...
not sure when to pick it up!





Logan...emerging from the 'jungle'!
'Game face' still on!





Finally......the prize!
He must'v watched that egg for a good 10 minutes!



Proud lil mama!
She's beyond excited....
I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get 3/4 of that away from her!



End of the #2 hunt...
and it's not even Easter yet!



Ry-ry....
taking inventory!




Logan...
in charge of quality assurance!
She wasted no time!

SATURDAY NIGHT
Egg decorating!
(Mama's favorite!)
This year we did 'glitter' and 'tye-dye'!
And decorated waaaaaaay too many!
Boiled eggs anyone?



So they went to church with blue fingers.....
I did try!




The baskets!
I just realized I have NO pictures of the actual
Easter Morning!!
Maybe because I was manning the video camera
and laughing my head off as Ryan and Logan ran around the room searching out eggs!
All in all....Easter was great!
Church was beautiful!
The day was gorgeous.....
We spent the rest of the day eating Easter dinner and enjoying good friends!
The Nortons are soooo blessed!

2 comments:

Harward Family said...

What a GREAT Easter! Your kids are so adorable. I bet it is just so much fun watching all three of them play together. I wish you still lived here so we could have play dates!

Unknown said...

You are totally right! I have always LOVED the holidays (all of them) but they don't even compare to holidays with kids. It is so fun to see their faces, and watch how excited they get.