Wednesday, April 1, 2009

25 Random Things

And boy are they ever......
I got 'tagged' a while back and have procrastinated this blog like crazy.
"How could I come up with just 25", I thought????
Not the easiest thing in the world, I discovered!
I am a random person...but this was a little difficult for me!
Delving in....
25 Random Things About Me!
1.
It drives me absolutely batty to see hangers lying on the floor!
Don't know why...but I hate it!
I have to pick them up.
2.
I have recently become allergic to crab, shrimp, and lobster,
but can't/won't stop eating them!
My mouth gets numb and itchy, then it moves to my gums and tongue....
yet I persist!
Maybe....if I go into anaphalactic shock, I'll quit!
Maybe.
3.
I once took a day trip to Hawaii.
I spent more time in the air than on the actual island, but I got all my
Christmas shopping done.
4.
When I was little I had 3 imaginary friends...or 'students'.
Bordess, Boy, and Joan.
(Don't ask me where those names came from??)
5.
I don't like dogs.
I've finally come to terms with it.....I'm not a dog person
I'm tired of pretending the slobbering, stinking, hairy animal licking my knees and jumping all over me is cute
and that I'm enjoying it!
(Phew, glad I got that off my chest!)
6.
I enjoy building things!
Taking plans, figuring them out, and building something.
Next project: a castle bunk bed for my girls.
7.
I love riding motorcycles.
I used to have on in college.
8.
If I could do high school over again I'd:
Take Auto Shop,
Listen to my Dad more....when it came to sports,
(sorry Dad)
Get my motorcycle sooner!
9.
I've been to Paris more times than I can count
and have never been to the Louve!
I actually feel guilty about that!
10.
I can't go to bed without putting lotion on my feet!
If, for whatever reason, I didn't shower before bed...I have to wash my feet first!
No dirty chapped tootsies in my bed!
11.
I've been on a trip that's taken me completely around the world.
SLC - NYC - Paris - Bangkok - Tokyo - LA - SLC
It's called the cheapest way to Thailand and back.
12.
I have a 'thing' for globes and hour-glasses.
I think they're so cool!
13.
When I was younger I used to pretend that Laura Ingals Wilder
would come visit me and I would have to show her how 'modern' things worked.
Usually when I was doing my chores!
Me and Laura were BFF's back in the day!
14.
I love watching my kids laugh hysterically.
I love laughing hysterically.
15.
One day I want to build a playhouse that looks just like a
Hobbit house in the back yard.
Complete with a totally 'round' door.
16.
Then I'll build a 'doggy' Hobbit house to match.
I've come to terms with the fact that I will have a dog....one day.
I just don't plan on treating it like one of my kids!
17.
I like tree houses and plan to have one of those too!
18.
Three of my favorite movies are:
Grease, Tristan and Isolde, and Blue Crush!
19.
I am reeee-diculously organized!
No, I don't have OCD....but I like to make a game out of it.
It's fun to see how organized I can make something.
20.
Some of my best childhood memories took place on Sandy Lane
or in Sandy, UT!
The rest are all a little fuzzy!
Fun...but fuzzy!
I had the best childhood!
21.
When I was a kid....
I secretly thought it would be fun to be 'fat'.
Then surprise everyone by losing all the weight!
(Its not fun)
1 mission and 3 kids later....losing weight stinks!
22.
I lived in Portugal (by myself) and studied Portuguese.
One day I'm going to take my hubby back!
23.
I can't whistle for beans or carry a tune to save my life!
Still I sing my heart out!
The scriptures say "joyful noise".....not so much 'beautiful' noise!
and it's 'joyful' alright!!
On my good days I make one heck of a tenor!
24.
I've mapped out an entire road-trip from Redlands, CA all the way up the coast to the redwood forests!
I plan on making the trip in an RV with my family.
No more than 3 hours of driving at a time, a million cool places to stop, and
incredible camping in the redwoods!
Say no more!
25.
My kids think I'm the greatest!
And I love it!

6 comments:

Harward Family said...

Gosh I just learned a lot about you. I love that you wanted to teach Laura how to do modern day things! What a great post:)

Janice said...

Very creative and funny. I found myself laughing a lot. You're funny. I miss you! You should come home.

The Olsen Family said...

I loved it Paula. You are so cute! We actually went up to the redwoods for Rhett's spring break this year. 71/2 hr drive and I would totally do it again tomorrow. I absolutely LOVED it! Pics soon to come.

Dane and Annie said...

Loved it! it's very fun to learn so many things about somebody this way, because probably (I think almost for sure) they are things that we wouldn't find out otherwise.

jessica said...

I'll have to get that roadtrip plan from you, we've been wanting to do something like that.

Nazikoglu Family said...

Wow! I could see why that took some thinking.. I wish I could've traveled as much as you did in my early days. I knew I should've went to that airliner job fair..Oh well, I'll settle for your stories. Miss you guys, don't forget to visit us when you come in the area.