We finally did it.
We've had this garden box right outside
our kitchen door for the last
two years!
The box is in shade half the day....
so I've never planted anything in it.
It doesn't keep the boys from playing in it.
They love it!
I hate it!
If they're going to be digging and playing
I would rather it be in sand...
than dirt!
The little neighbor Maddie looks on in
disgust!
"Ew dirt. How can they play in that?!!"
I feel the same way Maddie!
Trip to Lowes!!
Glad I called ahead.
Not only did I find out how many bags of sand
we would need
(ahem, 64!!!)
But at 50lbs a bag,
realized a mini van would not be the ideal vehicle to
transfer that amount of sand!
(3,000 lbs)
I called a good friend, Mindy,
I called a good friend, Mindy,
and she came with her husband and
truck.
Even then we only came home with 1/3 the sand
we actually needed!
The kids were
sooooo excited!!
They did their best to
They did their best to
'hoist'....
but at 50lbs a bag they weren't moving much!!
Happy as clams
with their 20 bags of sand!
Preparing the box!
We dug it out, put down weed liner and got ready to
unload the bags!
Everyone wanted to be doing something!
Bubba and Fox
cutting open the bags!!
Note the scissors in Fox's hands!
The
"finished project"!!
I love it!
So do the kids...and their friends!
So do the kids...and their friends!








No comments:
Post a Comment