Ok, I know it's been a long time.....I've been quite the slack blogger as of late!
(We all know the sad story of my camera!)
R.I.P
But that's still no excuse!
So much has happened and I just realized it's been almost a month since my last post! Good-nessssssssss!
This weekend was a busy one....but I wouldn't really want them any other way!
This afternoon I ran around with my three munchkins getting all kinds of errands done!
Came home.....lunch, naps, shower, and then off to the park for dinner.
The weather has been gorgeous the last couple days and we decided we needed to be taking advantage!
Texas is great like that!
We met Nikka at the park and watched the kids run themselves ragged all over the playground!
When the sun started going down we came home, bathed the bunnies and then readied the house for 'round two'!
Chris thought I was crazy!
And sometimes I'll concur....maybe I am....a little!
We invited some good friends of ours over for games and had no idea what we had really gotten ourselves into!
My cheeks...you know, the round 'apple' part right under your eyes?
SORE!!
SORE!!
Laughing too hard and for an extended period of time can really cause that!
(among other things......but we won't embarass anyone with this blog!)
Man do they hurt right now!
I'm way past the tummy hurting, side splitting pain kind'v a throb!
My cheeks are literally throbbing......and this I find very funny!
We played two games.......... Mad Gab and Uno Attack!
The first one we played was Mad Gab!
Funny in it's own right...but have you ever played with someone who has an 'accent'?
A heavy, heavy, southern, east Texas, Louisina drawl-type accent?
Oh MY Gosh!!!
I know there are a few versions out there on exactly how to play.
We were playing with 2 teams...consisting of the 'guesser' and a 'coach'.
You have to know it's bad when the coach (me) is asking the 'guesser' to use a different accent because I had not a clue in heaven what she was trying to say!
That Louisiana drawl can be a toughy....'specially when your speaking 'gibberish' to start out with!
Or.........when the other team has correctly said their phrase...but they have no idea because it's not how they would have said it....so they keep going and going....and going!
I don't know who was laughing harder....but we were howling!!
Munchkins were gett'n scurrd!!
After a few rounds we ended the game in a 'tie' and opted to play Uno ATTACK!!
You wouldn't really think it, but we were laughing nearly as hard playing that card game as we were playing Mad Gab.
It turned into 'marathon' Uno...the neverending card game!
As soon as someone thought they were gonna win and got themselves down to just one,
maybe two cards......the contraption would spit 9 more back at them....or someone would 'switch' hands with them and suddenly they're sitting with something like 37 cards in their hand!
We put "Cat in the Hat' on for the kids to watch and it took us the entire movie to finish just one game!
Needless to say, we only played two rounds!
For anyone whose never played! You've gotta try it!
I'm NOT a card player...but I will play Uno!
Uno 'attack' is the best!
When you hit the button.... the big questions are always....will it?...... won't it?
How many cards are gonna come shoot'n out!?
Great times.....lots of laughs!
Now it's way past my bedtime. My three lil bunnies are fast asleep and I've got a husband that can't figure out why I'm blogging...... NOW!!
He's ever so patiently (haha, not) waiting for me to be done and come to bed!
I think the laughing has put me on some kind'v high....I have all sorts of energy!
That...and my cheeks and gut still ache from their workout!
Maybe I'll clean the bathroom, start my lesson for next week, do some scrapbooking........


No comments:
Post a Comment